Tourism Development Corporation of Punjab (TDCP) has launched Tourism Awareness Programme (TAP), targeted at students and youth. The program aims to empower students by providing information and knowledge about tourism sector and imparting appropriate and effective tourism education and training.
This awareness program is considered an integral program to ensure that Pakistan possesses a cadre of creative, capable and qualified nationals who can contribute to a sustained and competitive tourist industry. Main activities undertaken in the program are as follows:
• Creating awareness amongst students through Lectures, Power Point Presentations and documentaries.
• Fun Competitions that focus on current tourism related matters (Quiz, Essay, Travel Writing and Poster Competitions).
• Recreational and Educational Tours.
• Designating Tourism Ambassador of Educational Institution.
• Registration of students as members of Backpacker Club.
A number of activities have already been undertaken in various institutes under the umbrella of TAP. Considering educational institute as an important stakeholder of the project, TDCP facilitate its team in organizing a lecture / seminar at their premises.
Further as recreation and tours are integral part of TAP and play an important role towards students’ mental and physical health. TDCP is willing to organize tour of students at very nominal rates. It is pertinent to mention here that we have all related expertise and infrastructure for arranging such tours with special attention on security and safety measures.